This Kindred Unit Project activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
To conclude a unit study of Octavia E. Butler's Kindred, groups use MovieMaker or the class website to publish an original story about slavery in America. The detailed project assignment sheet includes a list of possible topics, step-by-step directions for creating the digital story, and a grading rubric.
- Organize a community wide reading of the novel and have class members present their projects the last session of the program
- Groups must have access to devices with internet and loaded with MovieMaker
- The final resource in the four-part Kindred Unit
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Groups research to find information, pictures maps, graphs, and other visuals to support their narratives