Orbital velocity of planets change. Kepler's Second Law of Motion attempts to explain and predict the change in velocity. Scholars learn how to apply this law as they watch the video lesson.
1 Collection 6 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Research the work of Kepler and his contributions to astronomy
- Have pupils graph area versus time of the orbit of a planet; discuss the relationship to Kepler's Second Law of Motion
- Expects a basic understanding of area
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout
- Includes animations to model the relationship between time and area