This James Madison: Madison Was There lesson plan also includes:
Madison was there! Scholars go on a journey to discover the person behind the founding father label as they explore James Madison's role in the formation of the United States government. The culmination is a writing assignment and outline of their findings. This is the first installment of a four-part series.
- Split class into groups to research Madison's life, domestic presidency and foreign presidency
- Extension opportunity to compare and contrast Madison with other framers of the US Constitution
- Group size should be no more than three
- Includes primary and secondary documents
- Online resources and documents available for classroom use and printing