This It's Not All Visible lesson plan also includes:
Electromagnetic waves travel though empty space, something no other wave type can accomplish. Young scientists learn more about the entire spectrum of electromagnetic waves. They sort cards and apply their knowledge to create models of the spectrum—a good way to gauge understanding!
- Use a prism to show how to split the wavelengths of light
- Discuss the type of radiation airplane passengers are exposed to
- Assumes prior knowledge of radiation, visible light and color spectrum, wave energy, frequency, and wavelength
- Includes a link to additional resources
- Provides an answer key and grading rubric
- Follows a 5E format