Did you know that sugar stimulates the same areas of the brain as cocaine and heroin? As part of a biology playlist, the thought-provoking video discusses if sugar should be considered a drug. It talks about our need for sugar, our brain's response to it, and the concerns many scientists hold about sugar addiction.
- Research the signs of addiction, and debate if sugar should be controlled
- Show pupils the recommended amount of sugar they should have per day along with the amount of sugar in popular foods and drinks
- Relies on some prior knowledge of how dopamine works in the brain
- Provides a list of resources that go more in depth on the subject
- Offers subtitles in Arabic and English for English learners
- Offers a scientific take on a current issue being discussed