Introduce young scholars to epigenetics, the study of the changes in organisms. Viewers learn about investigators at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada who have shown that a father's diet can influence the health and development of his children. The narrator also shares different examples, from obesity to the health of farmers' children in Sweden, discussing the possibility that not all traits are genetically tied.
- Have learners research epigenetics and share their findings with the class
- Video best fits in unit on genes and inheritance, natural selection, or on epigenetics
- Video assumes learners have some knowledge about inheritance, natural selection, and genetic traits
- Includes high-quality images, diagrams, and videos
- Links and further readings on epigenetics found in the description