This Introduction to Stormwater Pollution and a Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) lesson plan also includes:
Sometimes when it rains, pollutants pour into sewers which overflow and contaminate the environment. The final two lessons in the Environmental Justice series looks at actions being taken to address stormwater pollution. Class members investigate how Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) can be used to protect neighborhoods, rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans.
- The resource examines Washington state's 30-year plan; consider having groups investigate plans of other states
- Seventh in an eight-lesson unit focused on environmental justice
- Requires computers with internet connection
- Videos require internet connections or may be purchased
- The three short videos introduce viewers to stormwater pollution and GSI
- Includes links to materials that provide background information and prepare teachers for the lesson