This Introduction to Short Story Writers Say lesson plan also includes:
There are so many authors of short stories, and your class can have the chance to study quite a few. This seventh lesson in a series of fourteen continues the decision-making process for the final assessment: a short story author study. Learners discuss various authors, listen to and read "Say Yes" by Tobias Wolff, discuss theme in the story, and work on finalizing their project decisions.
- The presentation mentioned in the plan is not included; however, you could create your own by finding some famous short story writers, or search the Lesson Planet collection
- The video link within the lesson document for "Say Yes" does not work, but there is a new link in the materials that you can use instead
- See the materials for the reading passage ("Say Yes") and other resources for teaching the lesson
- Allows some time for exploring various authors and stories
- Some materials are not provided; see the Teaching Tips for suggestions on how to make the lesson go smoothly without them