This Introduction to John Updike lesson plan also includes:
Expand your pupils' understanding of the short story genre with a study of John Updike and his story "A&P." This lesson, the fourth in a series of fourteen, invites learners to examine literary terms and read and discuss the story. For homework, pupils read Ernest Hemingway's "Hills Like White Elephants" and practice the strategies they learned in class.
- The presentation mentioned in the plan is not included, but you could easily use the resource titled A&P Keynote Quiz, available in the materials, to guide you as you create your own presentation or search for one
- While the triple-entry vocabulary journal is not included, this is a common graphic organizer style and you could find one with a Lesson Planet or Google search
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Comes with a copy of the stories, questions to go with the reading material, vocabulary words and activities, and a quiz
- Requires class members to work individually and collaboratively
- This resource is missing some materials; see the Teaching Tips tab for more information and some suggestions