The concept of equality can be harder to understand than it seems. Help your classes by showing a video on the concept of equal expression. Of course, equal expressions create an equation, and that is the conclusion scholars make by the end of the lesson.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the lesson as homework; use class time for practice
- Follow the lesson with a set of practice problems on whiteboards as a quick understanding check
- Builds on knowledge of algebraic expressions
- Uses color to highlight key parts of the equation during substitution
- Emphasizes mathematical vocabulary throughout the lesson