This Instantaneous Rates of Change video also includes:
Here's a great lesson that looks at slope as an instantaneous change. Using an estimated tangent line, the presenter shows the class how to find an approximation for the instantaneous rate of change. Scholars determine the slope of the tangent line at a given point to solve instantaneous rates of change problems.
- Conduct a mini-lesson on why the instantaneous rate of change is the slope of the tangent line
- Individuals should know how to calculate the slope
- Worksheets cover both instantaneous and average rates of change
- Plots are large enough to determine values of point on the graph
- Includes the work needed on the answer key