This Influences from South to Southeast Asia activity also includes:
In ancient times, people along trade routes exchanged ideas in addition to goods. Scholars view eight primary sources, such as artwork, to understand how India influenced southern Asia. Academics participate in a short group discussion and complete a worksheet to understand the influence Buddhist monks and nuns had on the ancient word.
- Have pupils find images that represent India and create collages
- Guide a group discussion on how trade routes helped spread ideas throughout the ancient world
- Requires a projector to display the sources
- Resource includes an answer key for easier grading
- The lesson contains a list of key vocabulary