This Infectious Disease: Evolving Challenges to Human Health High School Virtual Field Trip activity & project also includes:
Understanding the science of the spread of infectious diseases is the first step in controlling them. Learners begin by researching the factors that affect the contraction and spread of these diseases and the challenges communities face in controlling them. They follow the research with a hands-on activity that models the spread of a disease.
- Create collaborative groups to complete different sections of the research and hold a class discussion to share information
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for preparation
- Builds on an understanding of viruses
- Includes a guided reading worksheet
- Provides a glossary of words used in the lesson