This Inca Origins video also includes:
Origin stories aren't just for comic books. Learners explore the Inca origin story and compare it to other familiar creation myths with an installment of the Native American Stories series. An easy-to-use lesson plan includes an intriguing video and accompanying materials for a lesson on how a great civilization created their beliefs. Young historians develop analytical skills through the suggested extension activities, which include examining maps and formulating hypothesis about the Inca's form of government or creating storyboards based on their understanding of creation legends.
- Use discussion questions to structure a Socratic seminar on the Inca's origin story
- Have scholars create a graphic novel of the Inca's beliefs about their creations
- The video segment is in the Incan language with English subtitles
- Activities are adaptable to a variety of levels
- Lesson plan is complete and ready to use with all necessary materials
- Video is an intriguing hook for students and holds their attention