Most teens like to sleep in as late as possible, so testing the fastest way to get to school sounds like a great idea. A presentation walks through how to identify the controls, independent variables, and dependent variables in setting up that exact situation. It explains not only how to set it up, but also why each step is crucial to a scientific experiment.
- Go into more detail on the importance of testing each variable multiple times
- After the presentation, walk through a short experiment identifying each control and variable
- Cartoon theme might seem immature for older pupils
- Highlights the important concepts throughout
- Requires very little class time to share