This Human Rights and Service Learning (Part 1) unit also includes:
What better way is there to teach about human rights than by seeing them firsthand? Introduce your class or club to the spirit of service through a myriad of service project ideas. First in a series of human rights instructional materials, the teacher's guide provides background information, planning tools, and many project possibilities in the areas of poverty, environmental concerns, and legal rights.
- Blend two or more of the lesson plans together to create your own service project
- Coordinate with other teachers and administrators and plan a school-wide service project
- Some additional information and tools are available at the Amnesty International website
- Plan execution time varies based upon what projects you choose
- Resource contains over 20 service-related lesson plans!
- The introductory materials contain a wealth of knowledge to prepare you to plan and execute the service projects