This Human Migration Patterns activity & project also includes:
Humans have been on the move for millennia. Using an article from The Smithsonian, pupils chart human movement before written history on a world map. In addition, they examine the modes of transportation used by different waves of human migration. Finally, they consider: Why have humans migrated throughout history?
- Practice annotation skills on the secondary source before engaging with the included map activity
- Have learners chart human migration using the included secondary source and blank map
- Pupils need copies of the blank map and access to article
- Lesson includes all needed resources, including an answer key
- Activities are easy to scaffold for all members of the class as needed
- Not all of the included links work