In Musk we trust? A video in the Real Engineering series shows how the SpaceX company, and their Falcon 9 rocket, represents a viable hope for space travel to Mars. Viewers see how reusable rockets and vertical integration in manufacturing help reduce costs.
- If available, invite an aeronautical engineer to give a talk
- Have learners research the history of space flight as a group project
- Some basic knowledge of space flight is beneficial, but it is not necessary
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Topic may be of interest to teenagers
- Explanations are thorough, complete with diagrams and video footage