This How to Write a Cover Letter activity & project also includes:
What are the key components of an effective cover letter? Using the resource, scholars read about the importance of sending an introductory letter to prospective employers. Next, they complete graphic organizers detailing what information is included in each section of a cover letter. Finally, they choose a job advertisement and practice writing a corresponding cover letter.
- Distribute several samples of cover letters
- Ask individuals to create a practice cover letter and exchange it with a partner for proofreading
- Students may require some guided support throughout the lesson
- Provides a sample cover letter as a helpful template
- Includes specific learning objectives