This How to Say “I Ruff You” worksheet also includes:
Who says you need a human to be your valentine on Valentine's Day? Give your dog-loving readers an inspiring perspective on how a sister givdes her brother a valentine from the family dog. They then answer 10 questions thatd involve identifying the theme and climax, drawing conclusions, making inferences, and using evidence from the text to support written answers.
- Have learners complete the worksheet in class together or individually. Then, use the paired text—"Across the Lake"—as a homework assignment and discuss the paired text question set in class the next day
- Instruct learners to highlight their answers within the text to demonstrate understanding of the answers they chose
- Passage is a 730L Lexile® level
- Fits well in a lesson on or around Valentine's Day
- The passague is fairly long; consider shrinking two pages to fit into one before copying
- Worksheet comes with an answer key, as well as a paired text by the same author and a set of questions for both passages