Have you ever tried to pinpoint the exact type of insect captured? Scientists collect insects and pin them for future study to do just that. The video explains how to properly pin an insect to display the unique body parts and features. Brain Scoop presents the video as part of an Insect and Invertebrate playlist.
- Practice pinning insects during class
- Discuss in more detail the need to hydrate insects before pinning them
- Assumes prior knowledge of insect anatomy
- Avoid the comment section, as many are personal attacks against minorities
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes closed captioning in Chinese, Czech, English, and Spanish
- Provides information pupils can immediately apply in a science lab