This How to Measure a Changing Climate video also includes:
Young scientists explore climate change by taking a look at many different disciplines. They hear from scientists who study soil, clouds, ice cores, ocean temperatures, and more. Then, they search public databases to draw their own conclusions and consider the claims, evidence, and reasoning used to come to such a consensus.
- Divide the class into six groups and have each use a different climate database to research and share their findings
- Consider a few arguments from climate change deniers and use evidence to either prove or disprove with their statements
- Relies on prior knowledge from previous lessons in the unit
- 12th lesson in a 13-part series on Exploring Energy
- Provides great links for teaching resources that explore climate
- Includes discussion questions to keep scholars focused