This How Do We Meet the Growing Need for Water? video also includes:
Some aquifers took thousands of years to collect water, yet they have been depleted in only a hundred years. Viewers learn about where humans use water and the serious concerns for the future of the water supply in the second of 10 lessons exploring Fresh Solutions. The video also highlights the concerns about the dangers depleted aquifers present to the land, water, and crops.
- Create a pie graph of how people use water based on the percentages in the video
- Discuss in more detail on the consequences of losing aquifers
- Relies on prior knowledge from the first lesson in the unit
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides closed captioning in five languages to help with comprehension
- Requires very little class time