A glacier is like a river of ice. An interesting lesson explores how solid glaciers manage to flow. The video instructor explains how the pressure of the weight of the ice decreases the melting point, allowing the glacier to move.
8 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Follow the lesson with an experiment studying the effect of pressure on melting points
- Include an analysis of the recorded changes of glacier shape and location over time using a site like Glacier Change
- Requires a basic understanding of volume calculations
- Incorporates mathematics for an interdisciplinary approach
- Offers subtitles to assist in note taking