This How Do Chemists Measure? lesson plan also includes:
Young chemists create gold nanoparticles as they learn to measure accurately with the metric system. They create an advertisement for the application of nanotechnology to complete the first lesson in a series of six.
5 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create additional worksheets practicing reading the meniscus of liquid measuring
- Relies on prior knowledge of reading graduated cylinders and following lab safety procedures
- Students with color blindness may struggle to observe the change in oxidation state, which appears as a color change
- Provides modifications and alternative assessment options
- Links nanotechnology to everyday life