This How Brass Instruments Work video also includes:
Transforming a deep breath into beautiful musical notes, brass instruments represent an interesting combination of scientific understanding and artistic creativity. Traveling from the mouth piece to the bell, this short video explores how these twisting and turning tubes of brass are able to produce a wide range of harmonic sounds.
- Watch this video during a physics unit on sound
- Add this video to your music curriculum, helping brass musicians to better understand their instruments
- Use this resource in your flipped classroom by assigning the video and assessment as a homework exercise
- A short assessment with five multiple choice and three free-response questions is provided with the video
- Teachers have the ability to design their own lessons based on the content of the video