This Hosting a Diplomatic Reception lesson plan also includes:
The toasts are written, the table is set: it's time to party! Young scholars use a role-playing activity to go toast to toast. After researching and writing toasts for their allied countries during the modern Age of Empires, individuals court other diplomats during a reception activity. They discover who are the it countries of the time and who might be considered a B-list celebrity.
- Have a diplomatic party to celebrate the research done in previous lessons of the unit
- Adapt toast activity to other content areas
- Serves as the fifth of a seven-part series on diplomacy
- Activity is fun and engaging
- Role playing includes synthesis and application of content knowledge