This Hoot: Vocabulary Squares lesson plan also includes:
Study the vocabulary from Carl Hiaasen's Hoot with an activity featuring synonyms and antonyms. Kids fill in a graphic organizer for each word, prompting critical thinking as they find additional ways to put the word into context.
74 Views 54 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use with any list of vocabulary words
- Have kids write their words on index cards instead of larger pieces of paper to create a set of flash cards
- Lesson was written by a student teacher, so it has more steps than necessary
- Interesting way to have kids provide context for vocabulary words
- Includes a graphic organizer for the vocabulary squares