We all need a little feedback, both positive and negative! Take on one of the trickier Biology 1 concepts using a thoughtfully worded video from a fantastic biology playlist. The narrator explains both types of feedback with plenty of very relatable examples.
- Pass out blank flow charts for pupils to pencil in during the video to keep track of feedback processes
- After the video, pair students together and have them come up with additional examples of positive and negative feedback loops in the human body
- It might be helpful to talk a little about hormones and how they work before watching the video
- The narrator's description of her cold-blooded lizard basking under a heat lamp is a great intro to the topic
- Animates each loop to help viewers understand how both loops work