This History vs. Richard Nixon instructional video also includes:
Should we remember Richard Nixon only for his abuse of power and the scandal that resulted in the end of his presidency? Here is a fantastic TedEd video illustrating major highlights from Nixon's term as president of the United States, including not only the burglary of Watergate, but also the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency and other important environmental legislation, the Title IX amendment, and lowering of the voting age.
- Assign pupils to complete a writing assignment in which they take a position on the overall success and achievements of Nixon's presidency, using this video as a supplement to the research and evidence they provide
- Before presenting this video, have class members complete several activities (i.e. in-class discussion, reading informational texts and comprehension work, etc.) related to Richard Nixon's tenure and efficacy as president of the United States. This will give them proper foundational knowledge for the information presented in the video
- Engaging graphics and animations
- Excellent balance of opinions and perspectives
- Illustrates persuasive speech techniques and an organized process of debate