This Historical Presidential Campaign Announcement Analysis lesson plan also includes:
Using the announcements of presidential candidacies, pupils consider how contenders make their initial arguments to the public. A worksheet helps structure collaborative work to analyze 10 video clips. Writing prompts allow for extension and deeper discussion.
- Create a jigsaw-style analysis activity using video clips of presidential candidacy announcement speeches
- Have learners write a comparison of these announcement speeches and the current election's announcements
- All class members need access to a device that plays videos
- Clips are curated and ready to use in class
- Includes the worksheet and all writing prompts
- Videos can be adapted to a variety of uses