This Historical Analysis: Objects Tell Stories lesson plan also includes:
Dig this! Young archeologists discover what objects teach us about the past. The activity uses an image of a Revolutionary War artifact to help historians practice analyzing the past. Scholars study the object and complete a worksheet to demonstrate their understanding. An extensions activity is included if time allows.
- Provide images of other Revolutionary War artifacts for pupils to analyze
- Guide a group discussion on how learners' opinions of the artifact changed after learning more about the object
- Activity is part of a larger series, Through Their Eyes: Major Causes and Events of the American Revolution Teacher Resource Guide
- Activity is short and can easily be paired with a lesson on the American Revolution
- The resource works great to complete in pairs, individually, or groups as needed