This Hierarchy lesson plan also includes:
A system is only as good as the sum of its parts! Young scholars explore the components of the different body systems using a hands-on instructional activity. The instructional activity helps learners build an understanding that there is a hierarchy of components in the systems of the body that increase in complexity and function.
- Use as an introduction to the idea of a system and its parts
- Ask learners to assume the roles of different parts of a system and align themselves in order of complexity
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials prior to the activity
- Offers ideas to extend the lesson
- Incorporates several small activities to hold students' attention