This Helping Hand activity & project also includes:
Reach out and grab something. Given the task of picking up objects at least two feet away, pupils design and build a grabber. The last activity in a series of five challenges requires learners to use information about fulcrums and levers.
3 Views 2 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Research how 3-D printers make prosthetic hands
- Conduct a mini-lesson on levers
- Requires pieces of cardboard along with other materials easily found in the classroom
- Includes suggestions for extensions
- Contains hints to help troubleshoot a design