Don't get sedimental when you learn the history of geology. The video focuses on James Hutton who, in the 1700s, came up with a theory based on rock layers. Without using any modern dating tools, he was able to theorize the earth was much older than the 6,000 years believed at the time.
- Use the series of videos at the beginning of class or during a transition to introduce famous scientists
- Share photos of Hutton's Unconformity
- YouTube comments are open to the public and include phrases that are not appropriate for school
- Video is the second in a series of 25
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes closed captioning for better note taking
- Connects history, geography, and science