This Grades 7-8 Mean, Median, and Mode lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Take a central look at data. The differentiated lesson provides activities for pupils to calculate central tendencies. Scholars begin choosing three central tendency activities from a Tic-Tac-Toe board. Learners then choose from sports, cars, and music to serve as their data sources and again practice calculating measures of center. The final task involves finding numerical summaries for bags of candies.
- Create a poster with all of the similar tasks and ask the class to compare results from one to the other
- Requires the class to know how to calculate the measures of central tendency
- Contains rubrics for scoring
- Includes skill worksheets
- Formatting causes page breaks in the middle of a page and numbering to be inconsistent