This Grade 9 ELA Module 4, Unit 1, Lesson 10 lesson plan also includes:
What can consumers do to pressure companies to produce "ethically manufactured goods"? Readers examine the evidence Amy Odell uses in the supplemental text, “How Your Addiction to Fast Fashion Kills” to support her argument and the suggestions she makes on how to create change.
- Have group research companies that do follow ethical production standards
- Have individuals examine their clothing to determine the percent of items produce ethically
- Requires individual copies of the supplemental article, “How Your Addiction to Fast Fashion Kills”
- Requires individual copies of Marc Aronson and Marina Budhos' Sugar Changed the World: A Story of Magic, Spice, Slavery, Freedom, and Science, the central text of the unit
- The 10th in a 28-lesson unit that focuses on how writers structure and support their arguments
- The 12-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions with model responses, a template for an evaluating an argument and evidence tool, and an answer key