This Grade 9 ELA Module 3, Unit 2, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
It seems like the first result in a search engine is the best source to use, but how can you be sure? A lesson on assessing sources guides ninth graders through an integral part of their inquiry-based research project, that is based on questions they have formulated from Temple Grandin's Animals in Translation.
- Use the blue teaching tips to guide your instruction and scaffold the lesson
- Project the tool into the whiteboard to demonstrate its use
- The fourth part of a 12-lesson unit
- Based on the previous unit in the module, but you could use it with another unit with some modifications
- Provides blank copies of a tool for assessing sources, as well as a reference guide to assess sources based on their credibility, interest level, accessibility, relevance, and richness