This Grade 9 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 7 lesson plan also includes:
How does Shakespeare use dialogue to develop the idea that the star-crossed lovers are more concerned with their relationship as individuals than they are with their roles as children of warring families? That is the question facing class members in this seventh lesson in a series that uses Romeo and Juliet as the anchor text.
- As class members listen to the reading of the lines, have them highlight the imagery Shakespeare uses on their copy of the text
- Review with the class the rubric that will be used to assess the mid-unit essay
- Class members are also responsible for keeping up with an out-of-class Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) assignment
- The 12-page resource includes a list of the Common Core standards that form the basis of the lesson, the plan, a vocabulary list, discussion question and sample responses, a Quick Write prompt; and a homework assignment that asks class members to review their notes in preparation for the mid-unit assessment
- Some class members may find the lack of variety in the lesson format a challenge