This Grade 9 ELA Module 1, Unit 1, Lesson 13 lesson plan also includes:
Finish Karen Russell's "St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves" with a lesson plan that focuses on the story's conclusion. After they participate in literary analysis discussions with small groups, ninth graders complete a Quick Write in which they take a closer look at the story's iconic last line.
- Establish new small groups for the conclusion, rather than the literature circles your class has been working on, to vary responses and discussion
- Assign one stage to each of your five groups, and have them send representatives to discuss each stage with peers
- The text for the story is not available in this resource, but you can find it on page 258 of the attached module overview
- Lesson 13 in a series about the same short story
- Comes with both a model and blank tool for analyzing each stage of the story
- Provides a document version of the lesson plan if you need to edit