This Grade 5 Math Module 1, Topic A, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
Convert with exponents. The fourth instructional activity in a series of 18 uses powers of 10 to convert within the metric system. Scholars use their fourth grade knowledge of conversions to write and use the conversion factors containing exponents. Pupils start the instructional activity by reviewing powers of 10 and multiplying and dividing with them.
- Creating a metric conversion table showing the multiplication or division needed to go from one unit to another
- Assumes the class is familiar with converting within the metric system
- Requires learners to know about writing powers of 10 using exponents
- Contains fluency practice associated with the lesson
- Includes probing questions for the teacher to ask after the practice session
- Provides expected class member responses to discussions