Choose a side! Pupils watch and read several nonfiction resources about zoos. After gathering their research, they choose a side either for or against closing zoos. Scholars complete KWL charts, anticipation guides, flow charts, and video viewing guides to help prepare them for responding to a written prompt.
- Visit a zoo or ask a zoo representative to speak with the class
- Requires method of watching video clips
- States initial lesson set up takes one hour
- Offers rubrics for grading students' writing
- Includes a peer review checklist