This Grade 12 ELA Module 1, Unit 2, Lesson 6 lesson plan also includes:
The final lesson in this narrative writing unit asks class members to craft a multi-paragraph essay in which they reflect on the structural elements Leslie Marmon Silko employs in her "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit."
1 Collection 20 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Permit writers to use all their worksheets as a source of evidence to support their assertions in their essays
- The final episode of a six-lesson narrative writing unit that uses Leslie Marmon Silko's "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit" as an anchor text
- The writing strand in the unit focuses on techniques class members can employ as they develop their personal narrative for the Common Application prompt
- The 15-page packet includes the writing prompt, a model essay, an essay rubric, and essay checklist
- The activity presumes class members have experience crafting in-class, timed essays