This Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 2, Lesson 1 lesson plan also includes:
How did Elizabeth Cady Stanton use rhetoric to convince others of her views? Scholars begin reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," which argues that women should have voting rights. Pupils complete a Quick Write to analyze how the author establishes her purpose.
- In small groups, have students discuss why they think certain groups face discrimination
- First of 14 lessons from the Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 2 series
- Provide a copy of paragraphs 1-14 of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton" for each individual
- Provides vocabulary to support English learners
- Includes higher-order guided discussion questions