This Grade 11 ELA Module 1: Unit 2, Lesson 15 lesson plan also includes:
Scholars continue reading Act 3.1 from Shakespeare's Hamlet, discovering Ophelia's monologue about Hamlet. They complete a Quick Write to analyze Ophelia's perspective of Hamlet and participate in an optional jigsaw activity to explore the end of Act 3.
- Have pupils develop a list of metaphors and similes Ophelia might use to describe Hamlet
- Ask small groups to analyze Ophelia's conflicting feelings about Hamlet
- Lesson 15 from the 25-part Grade 11 ELA Module 1: Unit 2 series
- Use lessons consecutively
- Addresses several Common Core standards
- Includes a list of vocabulary to support English learners