This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 3, Lesson 1 lesson plan also includes:
Is it better to be loved or feared? Using the resource, scholars explore Machiavelli's nonfiction text, The Prince, and examine the author's ideas about the role of leadership. Pupils also complete a Quick Write to analyze a central idea from their reading.
- Before beginning the unit, ask students to discuss their opinions about what the relationship between rulers and their subjects should be
- This is the first of five consecutive lessons from the Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 3 series
- References a previous unit on Shakespeare's Macbeth, so it may be helpful to provide background information about the play
- Provides the attributes of a high performance writing response
- Includes vocabulary to help support English learners