This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 2, Lesson 18 lesson plan also includes:
Macbeth describes life as a light and a candle, suggesting it is fleeting and meaningless. Using the resource, scholars engage in an evidence-based discussion and complete a Quick Write about Shakespeare's use of figurative language in Macbeth. Pupils also engage in a group discussion to prepare for an upcoming interpretive dramatic reading of scenes from the play.
- Have learners practice using figurative language by completing the following prompt: Life is like ___.
- Part 18 from the 26-installment Grade 10 ELA Module 4, Unit 2 series
- Print copies of the short response rubric and checklist
- Provides a learning sequence indicating the percentage of time each activity takes
- Includes symbols showing teacher actions, possible student responses, and instructional notes