This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 2, Lesson 12 lesson plan also includes:
Opposites attract. Scholars choose one of their claims from the previous instructional activity. They then must think about the opposite view of that claim and create a counterclaim, discussing them with classmates. To help guide the discussion, they use a checklist to conduct a peer review of a partner's counterclaim.
- Model a proper peer review
- Lesson 12 of 13 in the series
- Assumes students complete lessons in order
- Includes components of high-performance responses
- Offers reflection time with journal writing