This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1, Lesson 9 lesson plan also includes:
Scholars take a look at an excerpt from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. They determine how the author took smaller details in the excerpt and built them up to create the larger idea of the main passage. Learners discuss in pairs, answer guided questions, complete a graphic organizer, and respond to a quick write prompt to finish the lesson.
- Create a web showing how the details all connect to the main idea
- Lesson nine of 15 in the Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1 series
- Requires completion of lessons in order
- Includes lesson outline with percentages for each activity
- Lists vocabulary needed for the lesson