This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1, Lesson 8 lesson plan also includes:
Sometimes you just need to get to the point. Scholars take a look at an excerpt from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. They analyze the excerpt and gather details to determine the central idea. Completing the Surfacing Issues Tool organizer and sharing ideas with peers helps readers respond to the quick write assessment.
- Allow the use of highlighters to mark key details
- Serves as the eighth lesson of 15 in the series Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1
- Teachers must complete the lessons in order
- List key details in a high-performance response
- Offers homework for extra work if needed